Stephanie has been making these at least twice a week, recently. They are so yummy and are great for breakfast (with coffee), as a dessert or a snack. Everyone at our house loves them! They are very addicting though so watch out!
No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, not quick oaks
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shelled, roasted, sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into 1” balls. Roll them in more sunflower seeds. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Makes about 20-25 balls.
Some other fun substitutions for the chocolate chips (or an addition to them) could include:
- chopped dried fruit (apricots, dates, raisins, etc.)
- dried berries (cranberries, cherries, etc.)
- chopped almonds, pecans, walnuts, peanuts
- other chips (butterscotch, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, M&Ms, etc.)
- other grains (different kinds of oatmeal, rice cereal, etc.)
- really, anything you can think of to try in them, experiment!